Thursday 23 August 2012

Showcase Exhibition and North East Open Studios

September is going to be a busy month for me! I am very pleased to have been given the opportunity of showing my new jewellery pieces as the featured designer in Lava Jewellery Design's Autumn Exhibition. My work will be on display from 1st - 29th September. 

Here is the postcard for the event with a wee sneak-peek of a few of the pieces I will be showing. My work is the top 5 images. The bottom three pictures are Duncan and Jacqui's jewellery representing some of the pieces you can find made at Lava Jewellery Design's Studio.



We are going to hold an Opening for the Exhibition on Saturday the 1st of September from 11.30am to 3.30pm. Please feel free to pop along for a celebratory drink and view my new collections.

If you can't manage the Saturday, my work will be on display for the whole of September.  I will be around working in the studio regularly during this time, so if you want to chat about my work or discuss a commission then please drop by. If you are making a special journey then you are best to call the shop on 01224 735000, just to make sure I will be there.



September 15th-23rd is also when North East Open Studios or NEOS is on and I am so pleased to be taking part for the first time this year.

(NEOS) is Scotland’s Largest Open Studios event. An award winning, not for profit collective of artists, makers and galleries in the North East of Scotland who open their doors to the public yearly. It is a fantastic opportunity to visit designers and artists in their own environments and see some of the great work being produced in the North East.

As part of the event a directory of all the participants is made every year and serves as a year round catalogue of North East artists and designers. Keep a look out to get a hold of your own copy!

If you can't wait, NEOS have a brilliant search section on their website where you can look up participants by name or discipline. There is also a map that you can download to help plan your route and visits. 

Why not stop past Lava Jewellery Designs on you way to Royal Deeside or Aberdeen and take a look at my new collections as well as Duncan and Jacqui's latest work. You can also see us working in the workshop, so if you have ever wanted to see jewellers at work, here is the perfect opportunity!

Here is my catalogue entry for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment